Seo for beginners is my humble effort to throw in tid bits which a beginner should follow to go through the initial website setup and learn more about SEO.
Follow the steps to Gain an Upper edge with your Website
- Buy a Domain From Godaddy
- Buy Hosting From Hostgator
- Update DNS on Godaddy Domain
- Add Domain on Hostgator
- Install WordPress using Fantastico on Hostgator Cpanel
- Select a Free theme From WordPress Repository
- Update the Title, Permalinks and comment settings in WordPress settings.
- Create categories, Menu, pages and Post in WordPress
- Outsource the content or write the content
- Register on Google Analytics and Google Webmaster
- Write custom Meta descriptions for all pages/posts using WordPress SEO plugin and follow other guidelines
- Find guest blogging opportunities using this search string — Insert Keyword here “guest blogger” OR “guest post” OR “guest article” OR “Add Guest Post” OR “Submit Guest Post” OR “Submit a Guest Article” OR “Guest Post Guidelines”
- Find top 100 Blogs on your topic and start commenting – agree/disagree with them. Be Bold – standout
- Start experimenting with Paid ads Using Facebook ads or Go to Buysellads.com
- Start creating a list of Email Subscribers using plugins such as Popup Domination
- Go to Aweber or Getresponse for your bulk email solutions
- Inter link all the posts and pages using long tail keywords
- Make you homepage Content/keyword rich and not spammy
- Use Pinterest and Facebook pages to drive traffic and get social links(don’t spend too much time here)
- Use Images, create videos and use it on your Blog
- Do link building – Create Links on Web 2.0 properties and Social networking sites. You can easily build 100 quality backlinks from here.
- Use Citation Websites to get an upper edge and also these will help you improve your SERP
- Write long posts(over 1000 words) so that you can be considered as authority and get good ranking
- Use ifttt to do posting on all social networks at once
- Email one webmaster of a relevant website every day and ask for a link
- Email all friends/relatives and Demand for a linkback if they have a website
- Hire someone from Odesk to build manual links for you $3/hour
- Visit Conferences/seminars/webinars related to your topic and try to mingle with influencers
- Show your personality to the world, Hiding under a pseudonym is so 2004
- Write an Awesome Ebook and other bloggers to distribute to their subscribers and use it as email optin Bribe on your blog
- Create Powerpoint presentation and add voice – a new video is ready for YouTube with a link
- Don’t search Google while you are logged in
- Google can kill your site anytime, don’t try to please Google, Get subscribers who will come again and again
I am sure there are tons of other things that might need to be up on that list.
If Got something, please post it in the comments and If it is relevant I will add in the list with your name.